Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Prodigal --Pseudopodeo-- Runs Away

It has come to my attention that the Protestant controversialist known as Pseudopodeo has turned down my offer for an online debate and has written an extended note slandering me personally. It was not what I had hoped for but I am afraid that this is not unexpected of him. I had hoped that he would be a man and face me in a secure neutral venue where we could have an honest exchange of ideas in full view of the general public. In this way, there would have been no question of who said what or who did what. The whole world could just see us discussing the issues. But that is not what Pseudopodeo wanted. He wants to control every aspect of the debate because he is afraid that he will be bested if he doesn't.

But what is most telling here is the personal animosity that Pseudo holds towards me. My Lord and Savior taught that we were to love our enemies and do good to those that hate us. All Pseudopodeo wants to do is to insult and defame those of us who disagree with him. He has been taught in his strange little religion that Catholic are to be treated with contempt and that it is not necessary to treat us as human beings. To this end, Pseudo feels it is permissible to lie, insult, and misrepresent us Catholics. I find this very sad, and frankly it leads me to question his alleged commitment to Christ.

My challenge remains open. Anytime that Pseudopodeo wants to, he may open negotiations for an online debate. I am willing to put all of his derogatory remarks behind us and start fresh. It would be nice if Pseudopodeo would apologize to me for the lies he has told and for his animosity, but it is not necessary. We Christians are used to being roughly handled.

As St. Paul wrote:

1Cr 4:9
For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels and to men.
1Cr 4:10
We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute.
1Cr 4:11
To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are ill-clad and buffeted and homeless,
1Cr 4:12
and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure;
1Cr 4:13
when slandered, we try to conciliate; we have become, and are now, as the refuse of the world, the offscouring of all things.
1Cr 4:14
I do not write this to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children.

I take these words seriously. I expect that the enemies of Christ and His Church will do whatever they can to destroy the simple faith of us who have remained loyal to the Gospel revealed once and for all to the Saints and who have not been "tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the deceit of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" (Eph 4:14) as have the sad victims of the so-called 'reformation" apostasy.

My offer was made in good faith and it remains open. I forgive you, Pseudo, for anything you may have done to injure me. I ask your forgiveness for any sleight I might have made towards you. When you are ready to discuss the issues, I will be here waiting. I still pray for you at every Mass that God will convert your heart of stone to one of flesh and that you will join us who live gloriously in the reign of God.

Art Sippo MD, MPH

2 comments:

Art Sippo: said...

Everything I have said about Pseudopodeo is true. He likes to be in total control of the media and will lie, cheat, defame, slander, and tell half-truths to puff himself up and discredit his opponents. He is an embarassment to Christianity and I am very sorry that so many people have been duped him.

I offered him an open forum in a neutral venue with an honest moderator. He chickened out and now is making excuses. If he really has a zeal for the Lord and if he thinks that I am wrong, then he needs to face me like a man not whine like a coward.

And he needs to stop sending little boys to spit at me. Pseudo is a big bad debator. If he is so good, why won't he face me? What is he afraid of? Why all the ranting instead of just giving a polite "no thank you"?

These are he questions his fans have to ask themselves.

mMeanwhile, as for me and mine we will serve Our Lord and Svior and we will always be willng to stand up to those who spew false doctrine to the perdition of souls.

Art Sippo MD, MPH

P.S. - The proper manner of address to me is Dr. Sippo. Mr. Sippo was my grandfather.

Editor said...

I agree with you 100%. Mr. Critics is shying away from you. :-)

GADEL
http://www.delali.co.nr